Friends of the Black Run Preserve - The Black Run Preserve is a 1,300 acre parcel of permanently preserved land in Evesham Township, located between the Marlton Lakes and Kings Grant neighborhoods. It is an ecological wonder of Pine Barrens forest, wetlands, streams and old cranberry bogs, and hosts a variety of threatened and endangered plant and animal species. We need your help. Volunteers with a variety of skill sets and experience are needed as we extend our outreach into the local and regional communities. Email: email@example.com - Website info: http://blackrun.org/volunteering/
Virtual Volunteering Opportunities -virtual volunteering is the practice of volunteering using the Internet, off-site from the organization being assisted. Virtual volunteering is also known as online volunteering or cyber service. For volunteer opportunities visit: http://volunteercenterburlingtoncounty.org/content/virtual-volunteering
The New Jersey Youth ChalleNGe Academy provides a highly disciplined environment fostering academics, leadership development, physical training, and personal growth to educate and train unemployed youth who have ceased to attend high school.
We are seeking volunteers to join our mentoring program. Through a friendly matching process mentors will be connected with youth attemding the Academy. As a mentor you will: serve as a positive role model and friend, motivate at-risk youth to change his or her life towards positive behavior and success, and help build the youth’s self-esteem.
- Mentor must be 21 years of age and older
- Attend on-site Training Day
- Three face-to-face visits
- 12 month follow-up after youth graduate
Applications can be accessed on our website: www.nj.gov/military/challenge
Please direct any questions to the Recruitment, Placement, and Mentoring Department
Delanco Emergency Squad is in search of volunteers interested in providing the highest quality and personal care to the patients and families in Delanco Township and our neighboring towns. Volunteer opportunities can be found on our website at delancoems.org/EMS/volunteer-oppertunities/. Become a part of our team today! Questions? Reach us at ContactUs@delancoems.org, or give us a call at (856)764-0951 Ext. 19.
Emmanuel Cancer Foundation (ECF), is a not-for-profit organization, whose mission is to provide a variety of specialized services, at no charge, to any New Jersey family facing the challenges of caring for a child with cancer. The distinctive feature of ECF’s program is the tailored package of support provided to the family. The Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, privately funded by the contributions of individuals, corporations, foundations and community groups. Volunteer Opportunities include: clerical support , organize a food drive, speaker’s bureau, assist with special events, organize a local fundraiser , deliver food to area families, or pack, shelve, and inventory the Food Pantry, track and acknowledge patient and sibling birthdays. Southern Regional Center – 732.282.2324 – firstname.lastname@example.org or www.emmanuelcancer.org
New Jersey Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Volunteer Advocate Program is seeking volunteers to help promote the health, safety, and welfare of residents who live in nursing homes. Volunteer Advocates help protect residents’ rights and ensure quality of care by making regular visits to local nursing homes; they take on a non-adversarial role to help resolve residents’ concerns as close to the bedside as possible. Contact Deirdre Mraw at Deirdre.email@example.com or call 1-877-582-6995. Website at www.nj.gov/ltco
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey - Burlington County Region, we have numerous opportunities to serve seniors, immigrants, the hungry and the homeless. Volunteers are encouraged and welcomed at the many programs and locations providing services to those who are hurt, in need or have limited choices. Gather your church group, your co-workers, or your friends and family and help make someone’s life a little bit better. Remember, to the world you are only one person, but to one person you may be the world. We have listed only some of the opportunities that are consistently needed at the locations in the Burlington County region:
• Volunteer(s) needed to provide their coordination expertise during multiple gifts drives benefitting school age children throughout the year. Assistance needed for: § Back to School Backpack Giveaway§ Easter Basket Giveaway§ Christmas Gift Giveaway
• Virtual volunteers needed to use their skills and abilities from the comfort of their own home. Volunteers may be asked to assist with the coordination of fundraising drives or planning for charitable events throughout the year.
Sandy Relief Opportunities • The recovery from Superstorm Sandy still continues. There are an estimated three to four years of recovery left and the hardest hit areas of New Jersey. To help stretch recovery dollars and serve as many as possible, please consider volunteering as a group or individual and participating in recovery or rebuild events. These events include home renovation, rebuilds, donations management, home outfitting, host site support. No specific skills are needed as skilled and licensed contractors are there to provide the proper guidance.
Camden, New Visions Homeless Day Shelter • Volunteers needed to serve Breakfast and Lunch to patrons in Camden, NJ. • Volunteers needed to stock and organize food pantry shelves.
• Volunteers needed to teach basic computer skills to patrons between 12pm and 3 pm.
• Various volunteer opportunities always exist. If you have a special skill or trade you can share or teach the patrons, we welcome your assistance.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Alex Elefante at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey - Volunteer Opportunities in Burlington County Region The following volunteer opportunities are offered in the Burlington County Region
· Coordinator of gift drives throughout the year for: backpacks, Christmas gifts, Easter dinners, Thanksgiving dinners, and food drives
· Volunteer coordinator needed at New Visions Homeless Day shelter in Camden, NJ. Coordinate volunteers to serve in a variety of task, welcome first time volunteers, and insure a meaningful experience. Hours of opportunity Monday to Friday 8:30am to 2:00pm
· Lutheran Crossings assisted living and nursing facility is looking for volunteers at the Moorestown Campus 255 East Main Street. Volunteer activities ranch from friendly visitors, assisting individuals with meals and sharing in activities such as crafts, reading, discussion group, knitting, singing and games. The facility also has an active auxiliary group that raises funds for Lutheran Crossings
Please contact Beth Gebhart for volunteer information and to learn about opportunities available to large groups –email@example.com or 609.699.4133
Regal Heart Hospice agency is currently seeking compassionate volunteers to join our team! Volunteers will provide support and companionship to hospice patients and their families as well as office clerical duties. We will provide Orientation and training. Please call Kim Willis at 856-854-0565
Virtua Memorial Hospital seeks volunteers to work in several areas of the hospital and Auxiliary Thrift Shop located at 798 Woodlane Rd., Westampton, NJ 08060. Shop hours Mon.- Thurs. 10am to 5pm, Fri. - 10am to 2pm and Sat 10am to 3pm. Clothing and household donations accepted. Junior volunteers (14+ and in high school) are needed from 4 pm to 7 pm. For information,Tiffany Bennett - firstname.lastname@example.org - call 609-267-0700 ext. 47073, www.virtua.org - Email: email@example.com - https://www.virtua.org/about/careers/volunteer