The New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC) is a library that serves New Jersey residents of all ages (children, teens and adults) who cannot read standard print or who cannot hold a book or turn the pages of a book because of a physical impairment, a reading disability, or a visual impairment. We offer no cost delivery of an Audiobook player, headset, Audiobooks, Audio & Braille Magazines, Braille & Audio Reading Download (BARD) and Braille Books.
Volunteer opportunities include (18+):
- Clerical support, data entry, scanning and assemble postal mailings.
- Prepare audiobooks for circulation by pulling cards, applying labels and prepare for processing.
- Pick and sort audio books, requires moderate activity, standing, the ability to push a cart up to 100+ pounds on wheels, remove audiobooks from shelving to cart and process audiobooks for recording.
- Pack audiobook recalls by scanning and boxing for mail, requires lifting up to 15 pounds per box.
- Two Offsite Events:
- Annual TBBC Golf Classic volunteer on or off the golf course. We are always seeking new Committee Members to join our growing event.
- Biennial Fall Festival necessitates sighted guides for our patrons during the day’s event.