Do you like to be “in the know”? Do you like to teach others? Do like to give advice and tell people how things are done? If you said yes, then volunteering as a GSCSNJ Council Trainer might be just for you!
Girl Scout of Central & Southern NJ is looking for additional volunteers to add to its training and adult learning team.
These volunteer trainers/facilitators will work in teams to carry out Leadership Training, Outdoor Training for our 12,000 adult volunteers. To participate you must:
· Become a member of Girl Scouts of the USA
· Become and approved volunteer by completing the volunteer application, background check, telephone interview and be approved
· Complete Girl Scouting 101: GSUSA Orientation to Girl Scouting on-line training
· Complete Facilitating Adult Learning training
· Attend monthly Trainer’s Meetings to keep up to date with GSCSNJ
· Be willing and able to work with people from all backgrounds.
Download the Council Trainer position description by clicking: Council Trainer
Learning more about the GSCSNJ trainings by clicking: Guide to Learning Services
Course offerings are typically 2-3 hours in length on weekday evenings between 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm. But can also be held during a morning session or mid-afternoon. Training courses are also given on weekends typically afternoon or mid-evening. Dates and course time are set by the Council Trainer facilitating. Council Trainers are asked to present at least two (2) trainings per year. Council Trainer Apprentices may learn at any of the courses of their choosing held in our nine (9) county area. Once a volunteer becomes and Experience Council Trainer, they may schedule courses in locations of their choosing in our 9 county area.
Interested in getting involved as a council trainer? Need more information? Please contact Stephanie Fowle, Learning Services Specialist at 609-849-0741 or firstname.lastname@example.org.